Monday, August 14, 2006

Words about Internet Safety!

WOCSD Tech Talk

If you are interested in Internet Safety, and we all should be, read this article by David Warlick.

http://davidwarlick.com/2cents/2006/08/11/a-telling-picture-of-internet-in-the-family/

I wrote this response to the article and the comments after the blog.

Cheryl wrote

  1. Cheryl Oakes said,

    August 14, 2006 @ 9:08 pm

    This Internet Safety belongs to the whole village. I have students in school maybe 6 hours. I don’t pretend to try and educate parents about TV/ VIDEO/MUSIC ratings. However, I do educate parents about Internet Safety. Many parents need to know the vocabulary, the options, how to set parameters and why. I’ll be responsible for the 6 hours during the day, for educating netizens, parents and community. I will enter into a partnership with parents and communities, I’ll collaborate, but I won't advocate for schools to own this whole Internet Safety. Just as I do not advocate for the US Senate try and legislate Internet Safety.

No comments: