You will see we are using technology. We podcasted our first meeting. The sound isn't that great, but you can hear most of the speaking. The minutes will be posted along with the link to the podcast.
Here is the link for the podcast of the May 31, 2007 meeting.
Here is a link to the Summary of the District Technology Committee
District Technology Committee Meeting May 31, 207
Members in attendance: Saul Lindauer, Jamie Cox, Mary Bouchard, John Bailey, Bob Gilpatric, Bob Sprankle, Cheryl Oakes, Cheryl Mills, Marty Cryer
Celebrate the Technology improvements throughout the year.
WHS, WJHS, WES,Adult Ed, Central office
Hear a short presentation about Moodle –
Bob G. and Cheryl presented a quick intro of Moodle for the group. We are waiting to hear if the per diem request was accepted for WHS. We will know by June 18, 2007. Moodle will be introduced throughout the district next fall in staff meetings, small group meetings and will be a requirement for teachers to have a presence on the Moodle.
See the Technology Checklist for WOCSD
· The Checklist was sent out to the staff as an online survey. Next time the survey questions need to be tweaked so support staff can answer not applicable to the questions about Web2School, for example.
Update on staff development in the district
· Waiting on the survey results and the district calendar.
Update on the collaboration with Kennebunk and Virtual High School
· No word yet.
Update on collaboration with Kennebunk/Wells and the summer staff development class.
There are 18 people signed up to take a summer technology class and there are 4 teachers from Kennebunk joining our staff.
Questions, comments, suggestions!
- The Boosters are planning on selling USB memory sticks at WHS and WJSH next year. This will enable students to take their documents and presentations back and forth from home to school.
- Take all the information from the Technology Committee this year and find another way to get it out to the community. I will work with Reg Bennett. The information is listed on the District page, the Wocsdtechtalk page and to the administrators.
- A recommendation was made to have a page where the parents, students and community can find information about open source software which will enable students to use similar software at home as at school.
This has been a rocking committee and I look forward to another year with this group.
Blogged with Flock