Thanks in advance for participating! Tell your friends, community members and other staff members. The password is the first word in WOCSD, only because that is short!
Cheryl Oakes, Content Collaborative Coach for Technology and the District Technology Committee.
Below is a sample email you can send to participating schools in your district. Please forward along with your personal encouragement:
Please Participate in the 2006 NetDay Speak Up Survey
NetDay Speak Up is a national initiative of Project Tomorrow, the new nonprofit organization formed with the merger of NetDay and Project Tomorrow in September 2005. The Speak Up survey invites students, parents, and teachers to take part in our fourth annual online survey. This is an opportunity for students to share their voices with their local school-decision makers and for teachers and parents to join the national dialog about science, technology, and 21st century skills.Our district has committed to having at least 15% of our students take the online survey. Because we will have access to our school and district data, this is an opportunity for students to share their opinions and ideas about technology use. For teachers and parents, this is an opportunity to join the national dialog about technology and 21st century skills.
* Your school's secret word is: the first word in WOCSD
* The Speak Up dates are Wednesday, November 1 - Friday, December 15, 2006.
* Students, teachers, and parents will use the secret word to access the surveys at www.NetDaySpeakUp.org.
* The NetDay Speak Up website (http://www.NetDay.org/SPEAKUP) offers a How-to Guide for participants including lesson plans, helpful suggestions, and other resources for making the survey experience a success.
* Visit the NetDay Speak Up website (http://www.NetDay.org/SPEAKUP) for ideas on how to promote the Speak Up event at your school. You can print out a flier to post at your school or use our email text to send reminders to your teachers.
Thank you and we look forward to your participation.
Blogged with Flock